Search for content in message boards

At My Wits End for the Atkinson Line......

Replies: 4

Re: At My Wits End for the Atkinson Line......

Posted: 30 Aug 2011 2:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: ATKINSON
I have usually found the DAR records more useful than the SAR records. But DAR only lists John Atkinson's descendants that have been proven and a son John is not one of them. I was hoping that you needed Johnston Co. info as so much of it is available on-line. It sounds like you need Roger's will and while looking at the Dinwiddie, Virginia collection in the Family History Library Catalog it looks like not much is available before 1830. The loose wills they have record of said pieces were missing etc.

However, have you used their microfilm of the Bristol Parish Register 1720-1794 and Vestry Book 1720-1789 FHL US/CAN Film [30625] ? It states that Bristol Parish included Dinwiddie and Prince George counties. This might include birth and christening records. I have never found what I wanted in the VA parish registers I was looking at, but I thought if you were desparate you might give it a try. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Nancy Smith
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
RHAFAMILYTREE 30 Aug 2011 4:01PM GMT 
NancyMSmith 30 Aug 2011 8:04PM GMT 
NancyMSmith 30 Aug 2011 8:33PM GMT 
teachallc 14 Jul 2012 2:39PM GMT 
teachallc 14 Jul 2012 2:42PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions