Cherry Hill Farm was the Home built originally by William Covington sometime in the 18th century on a 218 acre tract. It was located in Essex County about 1 1/2 miles SW of Upright on the South side of Chaney's Bridge Road, route 607. The house was originally 1 1/2 stories with dormers, but was remodeled in 1908 by R.G. Cauthorn, making it a full two story home. Cherry Hill Farm joined "Shepherd's", another old Essex County home.
Mrs. Louise C. Coates lived in the home about 1973. She had inherited it from her father, R.G. Cauthorn Sr. (1850 - 1956). He had inherited it from his mother who was a Greenwood.