Carr Bailey (John4, John Senior3, Stephen2, Stephen1) was born about 1726 in Westmoreland, Va. Carr died October 6, 1770 in Fauquier, Virginia. Carr Bailey was the son of John Bailey and Elizabeth Carr
Carr Bailey married Mary Minter about 1753 probably in Prince William, Virginia. Mary was born about 1733 in Virginia. She was the daughter of Joseph Minter and Mary.
Carr Bailey will Fauquier County, Virginia Will Book page 181. on page 114. His will is posted on the Fauquier County, Virginia Gen Connect Will Board
Carr (4) Bailey carried his mother's maiden name and is perhaps the first of this name. He was the son John Bailey) Junior and Elizabeth Carr who was born about 1730.
He no doubt moved in that stream of migration to Prince William County, in the 1750's.
Carr owned considerable land in Fauquier County.
Carr Bailey and Mary Minter had the following children:
1. James Bailey was born in Prince William County, Va about 1755. James died about 1830 in Va. He married Elizabeth White in Fauquier, Va, February 28, 1786. James died about 1830.
2. Joseph Bailey was born about 1757 in Prince William County, Virginia. Joseph Bailey married Hannah Newby 9 Aug 1777 in Fauquier County, Virginia. Joseph died in Fauquier County, Virginia just before Mar 1826 when he left his will in Fauquier County, Virginia. His will is posted on the Fauquier County, Gen Connect Will Board. There is no doubt in my mind that this marriage is correct.
The main reason is that Joseph named one of his first sons Henry. The earliest Newby ancestor in Lancaster was of all named Henry Newby. Big Grin (Wish we could connect to the Newby family in Lancaster County, Virginia)
3 Carr Bailey was born 1757 in Prince William County, Virginia. Carr married Catherine Martin about 1773 in Fauquier County, Virginia.
4. Minter Bailey was born June 19,1763 in Fauquier County, Virignia. Minter married Ann Norris 10 Dec 1789 in Fauquier County, Virginia
5. John Bailey was born about 1764 in Fauquier County, Virginia. He married Frances Jones in Fauquier, Va, November 9, 1791.
6. Betty Bailey was born in Fauquier County, Virginia about 1766. Betty died August 11, 1838 at 68 years of age. Betty married John Tomlin about 1795 probably in Fauquier, Virginia, about 1795. John was born in Of Fauquier, Virginia about 1767.
7. William Bailey was born in Fauquier County, Virginia about 1768. William died May 28, 1846 at 59 years of age. He married Elizabeth Minter in Fauquier, Va, March 21, 1789.
French and Indian War
Stephen Bailey Patrowler Carr Bailey Jas Bailey
1787 Fauquier Tax
Baley Carr 0 0 ? 2 0
Baley James 0 0 1 2 0 B
Baley James 1 0 0 3 2
Baley James 16-21
Baley Richard 0 0 0 1 4
Bailey Catherine 0 0 0 1 2 C
Bailey William 0 1 0 2 8
Bailey Stephen 0 0 0 1 0
Bailey Joseph 0 0 0 1 3
Bailey Simon 0 0 0 6 5
Bailey Stephen (With Simon)
Bailey Joseph 0 2 0 4 5
Bailey Minter 0 0 0 1 0
Bailey Moses 0 3 6 9 4
Bailey Wm (with Moses Bailey)
Bailey Thomas (with Nathaniel Gray)
Bailey William (with William White)
Bailey Green (with Thomas Matthew)
NOTE: I understand that there are some birth day inconsistentcies. The names of the children match the will, but are the marriages correct?
Some of the children were very young when Carr Bailey died.
This should start some interesting discussion.
I am expecting some challenges on this. Do you agree or disagree? Why?