Search for content in message boards

Susannah Hylton & Leonard Dickerson

Replies: 6

Susannah Hylton & Leonard Dickerson

Posted: 7 Mar 2012 11:55AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hylton, Dickerson
I've been doing some research on a branch of my husbands family tree.
I found a treasure trove of information from another member of RootsWeb (& was graciously granted permisson to use it) along with the balance of the research through Ancestry.com.
To say I'm confused is an understatement. Ancestry.com seems to only recognize one Susannah Hylton being b: 1805 being married to Leonard in both 1815 (when she would have been 11 yrs old.) and then again having them marry in 1825/6. They have the marriages having taken place in both Patrick Co. & Montgomery Co. They have Susannah (b. 1805) parents being Achelaus Hylton & Katherine Weddle, again no information on a Susannah Hylton b: abt 1798 marrying Leonard in 1815.
I noticed that much of the information on Ancestry.com comes from Family Trees and when I checked little or none of it seems to have been source through anything but other family trees.
I'd like to straighten out the Susannah's if I could.
I am unable, at this time, to travel to the County to search the actual records myself.
Does anyone know how these two Susannah's may have been related (if at all.) Do you have a dod for the first Susannah b. abt. 1798 & married in 1815. Does anyone know who her parents were? Are Archelas Hylton & Katherine Weddle the parents of one of the Susannahs, which one?
Any help would be greatly appreciate.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
lmnixon 7 Mar 2012 6:55PM GMT 
gacs126 8 Mar 2012 12:06AM GMT 
doreatr 8 Mar 2012 1:48PM GMT 
gacs126 8 Mar 2012 3:26PM GMT 
lmnixon 8 Mar 2012 4:20PM GMT 
lmnixon 8 Mar 2012 4:13PM GMT 
lmnixon 8 Mar 2012 4:18PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic