Search for content in message boards

Reed Dickerson b: abt 1718 died War of 1812 15 Oct 1814 at Norfolk

Replies: 4

Reed Dickerson b: abt 1718 died War of 1812 15 Oct 1814 at Norfolk

Posted: 7 Mar 2012 12:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dickerson, Gander
My husband is a decendant of Reed Dickerson and I've been researching his family tree. Admittedly I'm new at this. I have compiled information on Reed through family letters, and through information obtained from another member of RootsWeb who graciously granted me permission to use it. In addition I'm a member of Ancestry.com. The information through RootsWeb is much more thorough and at least most of it is sourced. I'm a writing to ask if any one has yet to find any more informaiton on Reed Dickerson.
I have:
Reed Dickerson b. abt 1780 married Susannah Gander (Susannah's surname from a letter between Eugene Dickerson & Lucy Dickerson Bolt & Eli S. Dickerson.) They had one child named Wigington b. 1 Mar 1810. Reed died will serving in the War of 1812 on 15 Oct 1814. Apparently he either enlisted or was drafted with other family members, and they went together.
I know that Wigington was indentured or adopted by an Elijah Dickerson and the letter noted that Wigington said he was "raised by his Aunt." Susannah Gander Dickerson remarried and move to Indiana. I can find no records of Reed or who his parents are after he died. Does anyone have additional information on this family? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
lmnixon 7 Mar 2012 7:10PM GMT 
Kasia Johnson 7 Mar 2012 9:24PM GMT 
lmnixon 7 Mar 2012 10:23PM GMT 
Kasia Johnson 7 Mar 2012 10:39PM GMT 
lmnixon 8 Mar 2012 4:24PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic