Search for content in message boards

John King, Revolutionary Patriot, 1759-1843

Replies: 1

Re: John King, Revolutionary Patriot, 1759-1843

Posted: 31 Jan 2014 12:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
John King was witness to a couple weddings.

Jacob Shilling and Rosanna Shockey late 1780s

Rosanna was first married to Isaac Shockey.

The Shockeys had been in trouble for Counterfeiting. In the 1770s

John King too was mentioned using the same blacksmith for making Counterfeiting plates. In the 1770s

John King and Joseph King were witnesses to Mary Shockeys wedding to Jacob Smith. 1796

What I am trying to say is the John King family was present with or near the Shockeys in the 1770s

The plates were made for Virginia Money. I believe The Shockeys were in the PA, MD, VA area and there were Koenig (Kings) around there as well.

Alot of Germans in Floyd County VA.

Some people think that Rosanna the wife of Isaac Shockey and Jacob Shilling was born a King or Koenig and possibly sister of John King. Hence the reason hes witness and surety to her wedding.

In the 1850 or 1860 census it says she Rosanna was born in Brunswick. Some people take this as Brunswick Virginia but it seams impossible.

Brunswick Maryland though makes a whole world of sense.

So if she truly is a King sister of John King (which im not convinced) then John King probably was born in the PA/MD area.

And dont forget he was present in the area during the 1770s requesting plates for Counterfeiting...

My guess is a German King family from PA/MD

What does DNA say?

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/KING_FamilyTree_YDNA_Pro...

You can email the Administrators of the project to see if the John King family has tested.

If they havent you can find a direct male descendant to test and get to the bottom of English vs. German descent.

And if you know direct male descendants of Captain John King and Catherine Leonard you can test them and compare results to see if they are your John Kings parents or not.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
samueljameski... 3 Nov 2013 2:03PM GMT 
McBain_McBain 31 Jan 2014 7:07PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic