Here is more on this MITCHELL family. Did you ever clear up the proper spelling of Fabius/Fabious? I'm looking for any researchers/descendants of this expanded MITCHELL family - I'm from the William V MITCHELL branch.
John MITCHELL b 1760 England; Wd 6 May 1836 [WB6,p72 or 51] Montgomery Co, VA; m 30 Jan/Jun 1786 Amelia Co, VA Obediance VAUGHAN b aft 1765 Amelia Co, VA; d aft 1838 Montgomery Co, VA (James + Ann HILL)
[John: 1776+ REV WAR; so IMM <1776 at age <16; from above he IMM age 8-16; with whom? if anyone}
A. Nancy H MITCHELL b c1787; d aft 1836; m 27 Jan 1807 Amelia Co, VA Robert FOSTER
B. Elizabeth P MITCHELL b c1788; d aft 1836; m 16 Apr 1808 Amelia Co, VA Levi DEATON, Jr
C. Thomas MITCHELL  b 5 Dec 1791 Amelia Co, VA; d 17 Oct 1863/Bible; m 11 Dec 1817 Botetourt Co, VA Margaret SNIDER b 1801 Botetourt Co, VA; d aft 1880 (Henry + ); moved in 1860Â’s to Roane Co, VA
1. Susan S MITCHELL b 1819 Botetourt [1838=Roanoke]; died a spinster at seventy-two years of age.
2. William V MITCHELL  b 31 Oct 1823 Botetourt [1838=Roanoke] Co, VA; d 6 Apr 1895 Roane Co, WV; m a1844 (prob Floyd or Franklin Co, VA) UNDERWOOD, Ellender Â“EllenÂ” b 1826 Franklin? Co, VA; d * (Emanuel + Elizabeth ); in 1850s moved to Roane Co, VA
3. Thomas Pride b 1830 Montgomery, 1m a1850 Harriett HARMON; 2m Miss Combs; no child; she died; 3m Nancy Edwards
4. George W MITCHELL b 1833 Floyd, m a1850; no other recordÂ…
5. Mary O MITCHELL b 1835; m Elijah WAGONER of Charles Fork (his 1m). She died childless.
6. Nancy A MITCHELL b 1838; m Gordon Farley, of Rush Creek.
7. Charles F MITCHELL b 1840; died in the Union service of the War of 1861 to 1865.
8. Margeret Elizabeth MITCHELL b 1844; m Elijah Wagoner (his 2m; he 1m her sis Mary)
9. Henry MITCHELL m Mary HARMON; bought the Doty Tanyard in Spencer, Roane Co, WV
10. James MITCHELL married and remained in Virginia.
11. Samuel MITCHELL, remained in Floyd County, Virginia, became a teacher of vocal music; during war, 1861-5, went South and was never heard of afterward by the family here.
12. Granville MITCHELL, remained in Virginia.
D. Martha Â“MarthyÂ” MITCHELL 1794 [1789/WFT] Amelia Co, VA-1860; m 8 May 1830 Montgomery Co, VA Enos GOODWIN b c1790 PA; [Enos SLAUGHTER/WFT]
E. Sarah Â“SallyÂ” MITCHELL b c1797/8 Amelia Co, VA; d 30 May 1882 Mud Fork, Tazwell Co, VA; m 8 Jun 1819 Botetourt Co, VA Nathan DEATON b c1799/1801 Amelia Co, VA; d 19 Oct 1867 Clifton Forge, VA; Roanoke 1850 census w/ 7 ch
1. John Thomas DEATON b 18 Oct 1823 Salem, VA; d 19 May 1877 AbbÂ’s Valley, VA
F. Fabius L MITCHELL 9 Mar 1803-21 May 1863/Bible, Floyd Co, VA/WFT; m 18 Oct 1835 Botetourt Co, VA Mary Anne STOVER 9 Jul 1815 Botetourt Co, VA-4 Mar 1887 Floyd Co, VA
1. Thomas I MITCHELL b c1838; d 17 Oct 1863/Bible; m Martha HOWERY
2. Josephus A Â“CephasÂ” MITCHELL b 22 Dec 1840; d 18 Mar 1891 Floyd Co, VA, bur: WC; m Elizateth Catherine RUTROUGH b 13 Nov 1850; d 8 Oct 1922; 7 ch:
3. William Fabius MITCHELL b 17 Dec 1842; d 29 Mar 1892/Bible m 17 Dec 1867/Bible Mary Jane FOSTER b 15 Jul 1849; d 5 Jul 1897/Bible; ch: A Glenn MITCHELL b 3 Feb 1888 m 9 May 1909 Seymorah Rocke FAGG
4. Alexander MITCHELL b c1844; m Sarah WRIGHT
5. Susan MITCHELL b c1846; m Joseph WRIGHT
6. Martha A MITCHELL b 31 Mar 1849 Floyd Co, VA; d 8 Dec 1916 Floyd Co, VA; m 12 Dec 1871 Floyd Co, VA Andrew James RUTROUGH
7? John Henry MITCHELL b 27 Apr 1853; m Harriett SIMMS; 3 ch:
G. Obediance MITCHELL [11 Oct 1800-30 Jul 1872 Floyd Co, VA/WFT] m 19 Jan 1835 Mont Co, VA John N BEAMER
H. John MITCHELL, Jr b c1804-1882 m 1835 Mont Co, VA Lydia CHAPMAN* b c1811; d Camp Creek, Floyd Co, VA/WFT; Floyd 1850 census w/ 7 ch 3-13
I. Ellen MITCHELL c 1806-d aft 1836; m 31 Aug 1835 Mont Co, VA John ROBINSON
J. James V MITCHELL b 11 Mar 1808/WFT; d aft 1836; m 14 Mar 1828 Bote Co, VA Rebecca STOVER [whose dau m 1835]