Search for content in message boards

Mary Allegre m Robert Cross 1834

Replies: 1

Mary Allegre m Robert Cross 1834

Posted: 7 Jul 2013 6:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cross, Allegre, Michie
A recent search of marriages on Ancestry.com for counties near Louisa Co., VA showed that my ancestor Robert T. Cross married Mary Allegre 11 Sep 1834 in Fluvanna Co, VA.

The exact data are:

Name: Robert Cross
Spouse Name: Mary W. Allegre
Spouse Gender: Female
Marriage Date: 11 Sep 1834
County: Fluvanna
State: Virginia

Robert T. Cross was born 1807 in Louisa Co, VA and was an early alumnus of the University of Virginia. I inherited a 1940 WPA historical manuscript that had recorded an oral history of the Cross Family. The MS stated that Robert T. Cross had married in Virginia, but the name of the wife was subsequently lost.

I understand that the Allegre Family operated a tavern in Fluvanna Co., which makes sense of this marriage, because Robert T. Cross's mother Ann was a daughter of the Michie Family of nearby Albemarle Co., who operated Michie's Tavern.

If you have more information about this marriage or the bride, I would be very grateful, particularly who was the Sur. for the marriage license?

I have loads of information about the Cross family of Louisa Co. into which Mary Allegre married, if you would be interested.

Thanks,

John Cross
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jwcross 8 Jul 2013 12:54AM GMT 
1_mhineline 25 Jul 2013 3:12PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions