Search for content in message boards

Zachariah Ellis & Linda Hanna (Malinda) Dehaven

Replies: 17

Re: Zachariah Ellis & Linda Hanna (Malinda) Dehaven

Posted: 12 Feb 2013 4:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Since I have not heard from you since I sent you an email to the address you gave me, I will post below what I sent you in case you did not receive my email.

--------------------------
I took a look at what I have accumulated on the Ellis and DeHaven lines while trying to connect them to my Joseph Bolling m Rebecca Maddox line. I don’t have much, but am happy to share what I have saved.

1. I have a copy of Isaac DeHaven’s pension application that I got from Ancestry.com – It was dated 18 July 1832 and said that Isaac was 82 as of Feb. 16. This application was supported by affidavits by Jesse and Drewsilla DeHaven. I’m sure you probably have this document, but if not, I’ll be happy to send it to you.

2. A copy of 1820 Franklin County, Va census that shows Jesse and Abraham DeHaven

3. A copy of Abstracts of Wills, Inventories, and Administration Accounts of Loudoun County, Virginia, 1757-1800 (Ancestry.com) showing Militia of Loudoun County. Abraham DeHaven, lst Lt., 14 May 1781; Isaac DeHaven, Ensign, 14 May, 1781.
Inventory, Approved by court, 15 June 1773 for Abraham DeHaven. Also, DeHaven, Abraham, 8 April 1771. 13 Sept. 1771 Wife: Robetta. Sons: Jesse, Jacob, Abraham and Isaac DeHaven. Wit: George McKinney, Elias Ellis and William DeHaven. (p. 298). This must have been his will.

4. Ellis, Robert: 26 Aug. 1766. 13 Oct. 1766. Wife: Mary Ellis. Sons: Jesse, Robert and Samuel Ellis. Daughters: Ruth, Nancy, Margaret, and Mary (youngest). Exrs: wife, son Elias, Edward Hews. Wit: William Jones, Thomas George, Abraham DeHaven (p. 153) Must have been his will also.

5. Marriages: 1) Abraham DeHaven and Sarah M. Fowlkes, Aug. 28, 1843. Sur. Wm. M. Featherston. 2) DeHaven, Abraham, Jr. and Polly Chitwood, Jan. 4, 1820. 3) DeHaven, Isaac and Prudence Kemp, Aug. 21, 1823. Sur. Jourdan Kemp.

Jordon Kemp was also a witness in the marriage of Joseph Bolling and Rebecca Maddox. Jordan Kemp was married to one of Rebecca’s sisters, Margaret (Peggy) Maddox. And a Robert Kemp was married to another of Rebecca’s sisters, Sarah Prudence Maddox (known as Sally).

The only other information I have is that my 3rd great grandfather, Henry Chilton, b. 1782 in Montgomery County, Maryland, d. June 17, 1844 in Bedford County, Virginia was married to a Nancy Ellis. I have no further info on her. Perhaps you may have some. Henry’s parents were Joshua Chilton and Elizabeth Fouch.

I wish I had more info, but perhaps some of this will be of assistance to you and hopefully, you can help me ascertain why the Bolling children were heirs to Abraham DeHaven and mentioned in the lawsuit. If you would like a copy of the lawsuit, let me know and I’ll email a copy of it to you. I’ll look forward to hearing from you.

By the way, I grew up in Bedford, Virginia just next door to Franklin County.

Norma Bowling Polanco
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
rmschoon 3 Feb 2013 5:47PM GMT 
nbpolanco 4 Feb 2013 10:12PM GMT 
rmschoon 5 Feb 2013 1:43AM GMT 
nbpolanco 5 Feb 2013 7:16PM GMT 
nbpolanco 12 Feb 2013 11:38PM GMT 
rmschoon 13 Feb 2013 1:55AM GMT 
rmschoon 13 Feb 2013 1:59AM GMT 
nbpolanco 15 Feb 2013 3:27AM GMT 
rmschoon 15 Feb 2013 8:19PM GMT 
rmschoon 15 Feb 2013 8:24PM GMT