Search for content in message boards

Greer family cemetery at Charity/ferrum, Va.

Replies: 6

Re: Greer family cemetery at Charity/ferrum, Va.

Posted: 17 Nov 2013 5:39AM GMT
Classification: Query
Thank You for responding. I am looking for Elizabeth Huffman Greer aka "Lizzie" wife of Joseph B. Greer. She died at NC Baptist hospital in Winston Salem on 13 Nov. 1962. Her son Samuel Greer who must have lived in Ferrum, Va. at that time was the informant of her death. Moody Funeral home in Stuart, Va. handled funeral arrangements. I have not contact the funeral home yet. Her son Samuel died at Thomasville, Davidson county, NC 4 Sept. 2005. His obit was published in Martinville, Va. bullentin. on 5 Sept. 2005. How can I get a copy of his obit?

I'm really trying to find this family cemetery to see if a Robert Benjamin Greer is also buried in same cem. or any more of her family. There seems to be many Greer cemeteries on Find-a-grave. I was able to print off Samuel's obit, which states that he was 94 when he died in 2005. Also states that he lived in Patrick county but died at Thomasville Medical Center. I figure if I can find or make contact with any of his family, I may be able to find out where his brother Robert Benjamin died and when and where he is buried. Is Hillsville or Woolwine in that same area? His obit states that he is buried in the Greer family cemetery in Charity.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
BESHENOUR 7 Nov 2013 6:42AM GMT 
shelleyatsupe... 17 Nov 2013 12:50AM GMT 
BESHENOUR 17 Nov 2013 12:39PM GMT 
BESHENOUR 3 Jan 2014 4:39PM GMT 
BESHENOUR 11 Jan 2014 8:50PM GMT 
shelleyatsupe... 12 Jan 2014 6:12PM GMT 
shelleyatsupe... 12 Jan 2014 6:15PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions