Search for content in message boards

Child of Susanna Lucas and Charles Straley

Replies: 1

Re: Child of Susanna Lucas and Charles Straley

Posted: 11 Mar 2012 5:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lucas
Madison Haines Lucas was the son of Susanna Lucas who was the daughter of Parker Lucas and Margaret Price. He was not related to Charles Straley. Susanna and Charles were married Nov. 28, 1835. In August 1836, at the age of 16, Madison appeared in court and with the courts consent, choose Philip Lybrook as his guardian. It's possible he was going to apprentice under Philip, however I don't know that for a fact. According to family, he was a blacksmith by trade. Also, though it hasn't or can't be proven, according to my great aunt who was Madison's great granddaughter, Madison's father was a Hale. Madison was born Mar. 28, 1820 and died Apr. 28, 1894.

Susanna died around 1842, give or take. In a letter by Philip Lybrook, dated Feb. 17, 1843, he had written to his brother Henley Lybrook and talked about a fever hitting the area and names some of those in his neighborhood who had died, among them was listed Susanna Straley.

Madison and most of his family moved to Lincoln County in 1870, settling nearest to Myra. My family line from Madison has remained near that same area clear up to now. Madison was my great great great grandfather. My line comes down through his son Parker to Henry Rock to Chauncey Rock to Chauncey L (my dad). If you look at findagrave.com, you can find the memorial's with headstone photo's and family links for Madison, Henry, and Chauncey Rock Lucas.

I'll be happy to help if I can with any other questions you may have. You can e-mail me directly at lehjdh211@aol.com

Lora
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
bsk7151 11 Mar 2012 6:14PM GMT 
LoraH 11 Mar 2012 11:43PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic