Search for content in message boards

Lifsey family of Brunswick/Greensville SE of Emporia

Replies: 3

Lifsey family of Brunswick/Greensville SE of Emporia

Posted: 10 Feb 2010 11:08AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: LIfsey
I've been working on and of with my Lifsey line for several years. I descend from William Lifsey (m. Frances White 1787--4g-grandparents) via their daughter Martha "Patsy" Lifsey (m. Benjamin Prince 1832--my 3g-grandparents). Near as I can tell, ground zero for this Lifsey clan was near what's now signed as Lifsey Road (Rt. 629 between 622 and 730, north of Mill Swamp (ref. as Great Swamp on various instruments). William Lifsey, grandfather of William Lifsey m. Frances White, purchased land originally assigned to the Ivey family in 1739, moving from Prince George Co. to that part of Brunswick that became Greensville Co. Littleberry Lifsey, brother to Martha, seems to have left the majority of the remaining area descendants.

I'd be interested in communicating with anyone with primary source materials held in-family, especially pictures of old Lifsey homes or 19th century family members. Other property owned by the family was found north of Emporia, but most seemed to be in the area cited above. Local burials seem to have been primarily near Skippers as well as in Emporia. I've been wondering if a "Lifsey Cemetery" or family graveyard has ever been noted/preserved/recorded.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
dfletcher 10 Feb 2010 6:08PM GMT 
jmneagle1 21 Jul 2010 8:23PM GMT 
John Lifsey 12 Feb 2011 2:44AM GMT 
Taylor Wilmot... 12 Jan 2014 4:09AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic