Search for content in message boards

Albert McLin (b ~1809) / George McLin (b ~1818)

Replies: 0

Albert McLin (b ~1809) / George McLin (b ~1818)

Posted: 25 Mar 2013 11:13AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McLin, Macklin, McClain
Someone told me that some Mclin's/Macklin's/McClain's that lived in Greensville County, VA may have migrated to MS. I'm looking for any info on slave owners who moved to Scott County, MS (or nearby county) that had male slaves who were born approx 1809 and 1818. I'm also looking for any info on Albert McLin and Geo McLin who lived in Scott Co, Beat #3, Post Office Morton based on the US 1870 Census. Based on the 1870 Census, both were born in VA and lived near each other. I think they were connected (brothers?) The 1880 Census for Scott Co, Beat #3, Post Office Morton lists Albert Macken(Black) with the same family info as Albert McLin(White). I think this was a transcription error and believe they're the same person. Geo Macklen (Mclin) moved to Rankin County based on the 1880 Census. Any info about their lives prior to 1870 would be greatly appreciated i.e. birth in VA, parents, siblings, slave owners, etc.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions