Search for content in message boards

Richard S. Carter son Lewis G. Carter

Replies: 3

Re: Richard S. Carter son Lewis G. Carter

Posted: 8 Sep 2012 7:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello Mary Frances,

Yes, I have always felt that to be true, some how I have never been able to prove that, as it is getting harder for me to get back to Virginia. I'm a little behind on reading the Message Boards, as I have had cataract surgery on both eyes. I am now back in full mode.

Turner married Martha Kirby, they are my gggrandparents, and I have been researching for the truth for over 30 years and no one as yet, confirms my belief. As dear departed friend who was a published genealogist and my mentor said, "when you can find no real backup information, you rely on your gut intinct". Also I think Turner had a sister Caroline Graves Carter who married Martha Kirby's brother Benjamin Word Kirby. Carolines' parents ARE William Carter and Patience Elizabeth TURNER listed on their certified marriage certificate. So, as you said, from the old naming of names, they usually took the last of name of either the mother or a grandmother. If you find a concrete answer PLEASE LET ME KNOW where you found it and I will pay for the cost of copying.

I really appreciate any help and GOOD HUNTING.

Thank you so very much.

Jean Dixon-Anker
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jadad36 15 Feb 2009 1:43AM GMT 
mfeggleston 13 Mar 2012 10:17PM GMT 
jadad361 9 Sep 2012 1:44AM GMT 
mfeggleston 9 Sep 2012 4:19PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic