Search for content in message boards

Will of William Randolph

Replies: 1

Will of William Randolph

Posted: 1 Jun 2001 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Will
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 11:13AM GMT
Surnames: Randolph, Isham, Stith, Bland
Will of William Randolph of Turkey Island and County and Parish of Henrico, Gent., being in the 60th year of my age (parts of these pages are missing)
To wife Mary, for life, the plantation I live on, 400 acres, part of 1000 acres called Turkey Island, and at her death to my son William, also to her rest of land in Va., except land at Pigeon Swamp in Surry County, already disposed of; also to her, land on Martins Swamp and an acre in the Town of Bermuda Hundred.
My land at Curles to sons Thomas and Isham, 750 acres, to be equally divided, my son Thomas to have his choice.
To sons Richard and John, 3 tracts of land I purchased of John Woodson, Samuel Knibb and John _______, 900 acres to be divided. To Richard the upper part, and John the lower.
To son Edward, all the tract on Chickahominy Swamp, between Mr. James Cocke and Joseph Watson, 625 acres, which I bought of Thomas Cocke, decÂ’d.
All my lands which lie between lands given to son William above Westham upper creek and Tuckahoe Creek, being 3256 acres, purchased of Edmund Jennings, Esq.. to be equally divided between sons Isham, Thomas, Richard, John, and Edward. Son Isham to have the lower part adj. Son William, and then Thomas, Richard, John, and Edward, the latter having the upper part.
To son Isham, half of the lower island above Westham.
Land on the north side of James River above Turkey Island to son Edward.
Land at Pigeon Swamp in Surry with all appurtenances and slaves, being 1000 to 1100 acres, to be set apart for use of Micajah Perry & Co., Merchants in London, to raise tobacco to pay off debts incurred to them. Sons Thomas and Henry to take charge of running it and pay themselves for their trouble. After all debts paid off, they are to divide the land.
To wife, household items and several negroes.
To daughter Stith and daughter Bland, each a ring.
Executors wife and sons William, Henry, and Thomas.
Dated 6 March 17__. Wit: ______ Randolph, __dridge.
Recorded 1 June 1713.

Source: Colonial Wills of Henrico County, Virginia, Part One, 1654 - 1737, abstracted and compiled by Benjamin B. Weisiger III, p. 90
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
WilliamScrogg... 1 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT 
dodiwozniak87 25 Mar 2007 8:10PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions