Search for content in message boards

Civil War Vets search

Replies: 5

Civil War Vets search

Michael D. Kendrick (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jul 2000 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Agee, Clark, Grogan, Hensley, Holland, Hollandsworth, Kendrick, merriman, Reynolds
Hello Everyone,
My names is Michael D. Kendrick, I am working on a major project trying to locate any of my family members that served in the Civil War.Even though I grew up in neighboring Pittsylvania County, a lot of my family comes from Horse Pasture and Spencer in Henry County. A lot of them being burried at Old Wells Church and Horsepasture Christian Church. I am despertly searching for any information on the Agee, Grogan, Merriman, Clark, Hensley Holland, Hollandsworth lines and how they tie into my family.
My GGG Grandfather from Henry County I know was in the War but he is the only one I have located yet. His name is Alexander Hensley b. 1822 d. 1901 he served in Co. H, 42nd Va. Infantry.
In the 42nd Va. Infantry regimental history they list quite a number og the above family names, but so far I can not connect them to my family, but I am certain that they do somehow. If anyone can assist me in theis great endeaver, I will be eternally greatful.
I have been working on my family tree for over 7 years, and have collected data on over 20,000 members,I will be glad to share anything I have with members of my lines. The majority of my information is with the Reynolds, Clark, Kendrick, Collins, Hensley lines, but I know my family married in and out of the other lines as well.
Respectfully Submitted,
Michael D. Kendrick
10424 Genito Rd.
Chesterfield, Virginia 23832
former resident of Callands, Pittsylvania Co. for 19 years, still my home in my heart and mind.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Michael D. Kendrick 17 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT 
jadamsb 11 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Carl Clark 17 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT 
branbec1 17 Jul 2009 12:02AM GMT 
laurenelyce83 12 Oct 2013 4:17PM GMT 
Anita Richard... 21 Oct 2013 1:20AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic