Search for content in message boards

Civil War Vets search

Replies: 5

Civil War Vets search

Michael D. Kendrick (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jul 2000 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Agee, Clark, Grogan, Hensley, Holland, Hollandsworth, Kendrick, merriman, Reynolds
Hello Everyone,
My names is Michael D. Kendrick, I am working on a major project trying to locate any of my family members that served in the Civil War.Even though I grew up in neighboring Pittsylvania County, a lot of my family comes from Horse Pasture and Spencer in Henry County. A lot of them being burried at Old Wells Church and Horsepasture Christian Church. I am despertly searching for any information on the Agee, Grogan, Merriman, Clark, Hensley Holland, Hollandsworth lines and how they tie into my family.
My GGG Grandfather from Henry County I know was in the War but he is the only one I have located yet. His name is Alexander Hensley b. 1822 d. 1901 he served in Co. H, 42nd Va. Infantry.
In the 42nd Va. Infantry regimental history they list quite a number og the above family names, but so far I can not connect them to my family, but I am certain that they do somehow. If anyone can assist me in theis great endeaver, I will be eternally greatful.
I have been working on my family tree for over 7 years, and have collected data on over 20,000 members,I will be glad to share anything I have with members of my lines. The majority of my information is with the Reynolds, Clark, Kendrick, Collins, Hensley lines, but I know my family married in and out of the other lines as well.
Respectfully Submitted,
Michael D. Kendrick
10424 Genito Rd.
Chesterfield, Virginia 23832
mike58-98@mindspring.com
former resident of Callands, Pittsylvania Co. for 19 years, still my home in my heart and mind.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Michael D. Kendrick 17 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT 
jadamsb 11 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Carl Clark 17 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Teresa Clark 17 Jul 2009 12:02AM GMT 
laurenelyce83 12 Oct 2013 4:17PM GMT 
AnitaR24 21 Oct 2013 1:20AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions