Search for content in message boards

Guilliam Barker Cemetery

Replies: 6

Re: Guilliam Barker Cemetery

Posted: 14 Jan 2013 10:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
I was about the same way. I took a long break from doing genealogy and just getting back into now.

In the Irisburg and Boxwood communities there are many cemeteries that has Barker's buried in them. I have visited many of them and wrote down the names on the graves. I also noted where the cemeteries were and how to get to them. A lot of the cemeteries are located down small dirt roads (paths) and some are located back in the woods with walking being the only way to get to them.

I have never used Find a grave but I have found sites where my information on the locations and names of the cemeteries were posted. Some in the exact way I wrote it. Several years ago I put together a little pamphlet on all the graves I have visited were Barker's were buried and how to get to them. At one of the Barker Family Reunions the pamphlets were giving out. Not long after I started seeing this info on different websites.

I noticed in your genealogy information that you have been given some incorrect info on my family. This was with my grandmother, Minnie Maud Barker and her husband, Lewis Sullivan Isley. In your info you had Minnie Maud Barker married to Posey Lester Barker. Posey Lester Barker was married to Minnie N. Barker. There were alot of Minnie Barker's so it was easy to get them mixed up.

Well I didn't intend for this to be so long, got carried away.

Take care

Larry
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Larry_Isley 29 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT 
abcs@exis.net 18 Sep 2001 9:17PM GMT 
Larry_Isley 1 Nov 2001 5:18PM GMT 
zoomastr62 12 Jan 2013 8:10PM GMT 
xvatooper 13 Jan 2013 6:42AM GMT 
zoomastr62 13 Jan 2013 3:03PM GMT 
xvatooper 15 Jan 2013 5:56AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions