Search for content in message boards

Guilliam Barker Cemetery

Replies: 6

Re: Guilliam Barker Cemetery

Posted: 12 Jan 2013 11:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi,

It is good to hear from you. I have always heard that the cemetery was called "Guilliam Barker Cemetery". Guilliam and his wife, Sarah along with some of their children are buried there. Very few of the graves have markers, and a lot of them are unreadable. I think that since Guilliam and Sarah's tombstone could be read that this is how it came to be named "Guilliam Barker Cemetery". I think that this cemetery may be the original "Old Barker Family Cemetery". Not far from this cemetery is a place where Mary Susan "Curtie" Barker is buried, this has been called "Barker Cemetery". Also not far away is where James Madison Barker and family are buried Then nearby is where Daniel Barker and family are buried. All the land where the cemeteries are located was once owned by Joseph Barker and his brother, Allen and descendants. To help locate the cemeteries they started being called by the name of whoever owned the property and is buried there. If they were all called Barker Cemetery then it would be hard to locate a particular grave.

Hope this helps.

Take Care,

Larry
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Larry_Isley 29 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT 
abcs@exis.net 18 Sep 2001 9:17PM GMT 
Larry_Isley 1 Nov 2001 5:18PM GMT 
zoomastr62 12 Jan 2013 8:10PM GMT 
xvatooper 13 Jan 2013 6:42AM GMT 
zoomastr62 13 Jan 2013 3:03PM GMT 
xvatooper 15 Jan 2013 5:56AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions