Search for content in message boards

Suter of Isle of Wight?

Replies: 2

Suter of Isle of Wight?

Posted: 6 Nov 2011 8:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Suter
In 1749, Isle of Wight spun off Southampton County. With it, went St Luke's Parish. A 'John Suter,' of Scotland, was, I believe, living in St Luke's parish at the time that the parish left Isle of Wight Co. and went to the newly-formed Southampton Co.

John Suter's Will was probated in 1786, wherein he is of St Luke's Parish, Southampton County. Amongst his executors is a Henry Smith, who, I believe, was either a brother of father of his (second?) wife, who may have been one Hannah Smith.

Also, some have proposed that the 'Luter' and 'Suter' families were one and the same. If anyone has or has seen proof of this, either way, I would be very interested in hearing from you about it.

Principally, I am seeking to determine the exact Scottish origins of John Suter (b. ca 1730), and the name and origins of his first wife. Any help with suggestions of possible sources for researching this Suter family in Isle of Wight Co. will be greatly appreciated.

Nicholas
iisentaku (at) gmail.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
iisentaku 6 Nov 2011 3:45PM GMT 
Zoobug64 6 Nov 2011 4:50PM GMT 
iisentaku 6 Nov 2011 5:25PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions