Search for content in message boards

Very Early Virginia resource lookups offered

Replies: 125

Very Early Virginia resource lookups offered

Elaine Russell29 (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jun 2005 10:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have a book that is full of the very earliest information, regarding the settlement of Jamestown, The First Colony.
This material has a starting date of 1586 and ends about 1650.

This has names of the first settlers and subsequent arrivals, with some Ship names and their captains. It lists those killed by indians and the names of the settlements in which they died. It also lists those who survived the attacks and where they were residing at the time.
Just a few of the surnames mentioned here are:
Abbot, Adams,Allen,Andrews,Archer,Argall, Armstrong, Arundell, Atkins,Atkinson,Bacon,Bagnall, Bailey,Baker,Banks,Ball,Barker,Barnett,Bass,Bean,Bennet,Best,Booth, Box,BradshawBrookes,Browne,Carter,Chamberlin,Champ,Chandler,Chapman,Cheesman,Clarke,Collins, Coleman,Cooke,Crisp, Crouch,Dare, Davis,Davies,Dawson,Delaware,Dickenson,Dixon,Edmonds,Edwards,Ellis,English,Evans, Ferrar, Farmer,Faulkner,Fisher,Fitts,Flint,
Forest,Foster,Freeman,Fry, Ganett,Gates,Gibbes,Giles,Glover,Gray,Greene.
And many many more.

Most of this information is brief and more informational than genealogical. One a few occasions, there may be mention of someone being someones son or brother.

If you are seeking the placement of a very early ancestor in Va, make a request. I can not promise to connect you , but I will do my best to provide you with the information.
Most of these lookups, can be answered via Email, unless you want copies.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Elaine Russell29 14 Jun 2005 4:43PM GMT 
charle 23 Jun 2005 2:51AM GMT 
Elaine Russell29 23 Jun 2005 5:36PM GMT 
hartgrove48 1 Jan 2010 3:27PM GMT 
ElaineRussell... 2 Jan 2010 2:14PM GMT 
Paul Jackson 7 Aug 2005 4:31AM GMT 
Elaine Russell29 8 Aug 2005 5:05PM GMT 
DianeDShaw 11 Aug 2005 3:06AM GMT 
DianeDShaw 11 Aug 2005 3:09AM GMT 
Martha Evans 30 Sep 2005 9:51PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions