Search for content in message boards

Lee family confusion in King George/Aquai

Replies: 0

Lee family confusion in King George/Aquai

Posted: 31 Oct 2012 8:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lee, Worrell, Chinn
I am trying to find any and all information about a string of Lees from King George Va. I have a 2nd great grandfather by the name of Benjamin Pierce Lee 1874-1943 from King George county. He married Euginea "Bettie" Chinn in 1899. I believe I have sufficient records up to this point but as I try to go farther back things get muddled. I believe I have identified his parents as Joseph B. Lee (1841-??) and Susan J. Worrell (1846-??) as the only real possibilities through King George County census records. I'd have to mention though, that I have found other public member trees that don't necessarily wholeheartedly agree with this conclusion. However, I have located a 1900 Aquia district census record that has not helped the confusion... It lists Benjamin as the head of house Bettie as his wife and then three of Benjamin's siblings living with them one of which is quite a bit older by the name of Robert C. Lee. This census record has been repeatedly cited as a proof of residence record for a Robert Carter Lee, son of Sidney Smith Lee, who was a brother of the famed General Robert E. Lee of Virginia. Can anyone help me out here? I am at a loss.

Find a board about a specific topic