Search for content in message boards

Beat/Beatty Givens Woodson

Replies: 0

Beat/Beatty Givens Woodson

Posted: 18 Oct 2013 1:04PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
A few weeks back my cousin and I went sleuthing and we solved (he more than I) the mystery of our maternal 2nd great grandfather. He was living under the name Beaty in Tennessee and Virginia. His mother was 'Mandy (Amanda) Beaty and married a man name John Givens. I found the three of them (along with other family members) in the 1870 District 9, Hancock, Tennessee Census. My 2nd great grandfather's name at the time was Jeff Beaty. He was 10 according to this schedule. During the 1880 census my 2nd great grandfather was enumerated in Lee County, Virginia, just north of Hancock and the Tennessee line. He is 18 according to this schedule.

In the 1870 Hancock Census I glanced up a few lines and I saw the surname Beaty. I wrote my cousin to ask him what he thought. I told him I have a hunch that the Beaty family listed above my Beaty family might be related. The proof might reside in the death certificate of Jeff Beaty's mother Amanda Beaty-Givens death certificate. I don't know when she dead nor do I have a location. I have done a few searches but have come up with nothing. I am willing to write to get her death certificate but I need to know where to write.

I am looking for the marriage record of John Givens to 'Manda (Amanda) Beaty and their death certificates. Thanks in advance!

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions