Search for content in message boards

ROBINETTE'S OF BLACKWATER,LEE,VA

Replies: 3

Re: ROBINETTE'S OF BLACKWATER,LEE,VA

Posted: 23 Jul 2013 9:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Robinette
My maternal Robinette grandparents lived in the Fairview valley of Lee County, VA and then later lived in Rogersville, TN where I have found the grave markers of my maternal grandfathers of three generations, the last being Daniel Robinette (1848-1894)- these are at McKinny Chapel graveyard, Mckinny Chapel Road, Rogersville, TN along with many other Robinette graves from at least two branches. My Ancestry.com record shows that Daniel's father was Jessee A. Robinette, his father was Samuel Houston Robinette, and his father was a John Robinette 1734-1805), but my record shows that this John R. was born in VA and died in NC. ??? I have traced my R. lineage back to my great grandfather x 14 - also a John Robinette from England or France. I too would be interested in any shared info or pictures of Robinette relatives/ancestors. I'm especially curious about why and how my great grandfather, Fountain R. came to live in Rogersville and own a considerably large and lovely farm there. My record shows that he was born in VA and since my grandfather lived in Lee County, I assume that he did too at some point in his youth. Fountain Robinette has a mason symbol on his grave marker.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
NORMA CAGLE 13 May 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Claude E. Wells 14 May 1999 12:00PM GMT 
LaundressO2B4... 24 Jul 2013 3:09AM GMT 
mcned33 25 Jul 2013 12:37PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic