Search for content in message boards

Help RE: George W Harrison (b. abt 1838, Va)

Replies: 1

Help RE: George W Harrison (b. abt 1838, Va)

Posted: 4 Mar 2012 12:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Harrison, Hensey
George W Harrison is my gg-grandfather. He's been my research "brick wall" for over 15 years. The earliest mention I have found of him is his marriage in Frederick County in Feb 1860 to Mary Jane Hensey. The next mention is from the 1860 US Census where he and Mary are shown living with Mary's brother John R. Hensey in Southern District, Loudoun County, VA. His place of birth is given as Virginia.
John Hensey married a Harriet Ann Harrison (b. 1830). I do not know if George W Harrison and Harriet A Harrison were related.

George and Mary moved to Petersville section of Frederick County, Maryland soon after the Civil War and remained there until the mid to late 1880's when they moved to Middletown, Butler County, Ohio.

The 1870 US Census shows an Ellender (Eleanor) Harrison (b. 1810) living with George and his family. I don't know if this was his mother, an aunt, a sibling or other relation.

The earliest documentaion I have on the Hensey family is from the 1850 US Census which shows them living in Prince William County, Virginia.

If anyone's has come across these families during their own research I would appreciate hearing from you. Thanks.

Harold Harrison

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
royalhs 4 Mar 2012 7:14AM GMT 
dermann1 29 Apr 2013 3:16PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic