Search for content in message boards

McKim & Ellis families - 1810 to 1840

Replies: 3

McKim & Ellis families - 1810 to 1840

Posted: 5 Jan 2013 3:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ellis, McKim
Hi! I'm searching for my family roots and due to little knowledge in the family, I'm using Census records.

Specifically I'm looking for:

Effie Ann McKim (abt 1822)
&
Samuel Ellis (abt 1814)

I can find them, married, in the 1850, 1860, 1870, & 1880 Censuses from Ohio to Illinois. They're both being listed as having been born in Virginia, with rough estimates on birth years.

I have a scrap of information showing them as getting married on 7 Feb, 1837 in Waterford, Loudoun County, Virginia. I have yet to find any supporting documentation so I may just be chasing a ghost.

I have a strong suspicion Effie is NOT her name. I have tried every variation of it I can find (some Census list her as Effa). I have tried Evelyn, Euphemia, Elizabeth, and even tried Edda owing to the possibility of difficult to read handwritten records.

I do know that Samuel seems to have a sister, named Ester, as she is showing up in the 1850 Ohio Census as living with Samuel & Effie, but her last name is Ellis & she's 4 years older than Samuel (abt 1810 birth - again in VA).

ANY help, and I do mean ANY help (to include where to look in the archives in Richmond) is greatly appreciated. It has taken me years to just find out Samuel might have a sister. I have no knowledge of parent names, locations, dates, or anything else I can give to help. I am terribly sorry for the complete lack of information I can provide but I hope someone in the area, or with knowledge of the area, can help me supply some small scraps.

Thank you to anyone & everyone who takes even a moment to read this, or who shares any knowledge they might have. I do sincerely appreciate it!
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
rmschoon 5 Jan 2013 10:11PM GMT 
pduncan8151 6 Jan 2013 12:51AM GMT 
rmschoon 6 Jan 2013 2:15AM GMT 
pduncan8151 6 Jan 2013 2:23AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions