Search for content in message boards

Francis McKimmey/McCamey/McKemey/McKinney died 1822 in Loudoun County and his father James

Replies: 2

Francis McKimmey/McCamey/McKemey/McKinney died 1822 in Loudoun County and his father James

Posted: 16 Mar 2014 5:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McKimmey McCamey Jackson Breckenridge Makemie
Hello-

I am currently in the process of doing a DAR proof line back to Francis McKimmey's father in law, John Jackson (A061135). Is there any way to purchase a copy of Francis McKimmey's will or some records from Loudoun County? Pat Duncan was of quite a bit of help a few years ago. Is her book available for sale now?

Also, there was a conversation some time ago on here regarding Francis McKimmey and his father, James McCamey and mother Mary McIlhaney James's parents were John McCamey and Margaret Breckenridge (DNA matching seems to have conclusively proven this, though the papertrail is somewhat spotty)... I have found a James McCamey in Bath County, Virginia who was sued by his nephews for taking over their land. He fits with our man, as all of the family dots connect (names, genetics, etc).... It appears that he and his wife Mary McIlhany also owned some property in Augusta County, VA. From what I can piece together, they were Scots-Irish Presbyterians, and James would have been a nephew of the Presbyterian Missionary Francis Makemie of Accomack County, VA....

Anyway, I am hoping to get a copy of Francis McKimmey's will. Is it published in a book somewhere? I am happy to buy a copy.

ps. I am attaching some files from autosomal DNA testing that show genetic matching with the McKimmey/McCamey/ Breckenridge & Preston lines.

Thank you so much.

Beth (a descendant)
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ebeth32129 16 Mar 2014 11:08PM GMT 
pduncan8151 17 Mar 2014 1:48AM GMT 
ebeth32129 23 Mar 2014 4:24PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic