Search for content in message boards

Jarrett Walker of Lunenberg m Sarah Dance of VA

Replies: 3

Jarrett Walker of Lunenberg m Sarah Dance of VA

Posted: 21 Feb 2014 11:06AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Walker Dance
I am sending you my post from this morning about a Sarah/Sally/Sallie Dance born in Virginia about 1784. Any help would be MOST appreciated.

I have just found out that my GGGG-Grandmother was a DANCE! I have been searching for her surname for the past year and finally have a written letter from a GG-Aunt that lists her as a DANCE! Other than being overjoyed, of course now I would love to find out something about her family and where she came from. Her name was Sarah Dance, maybe nickname Sally or Sallie as her granddaughter was nicknamed Sallie but really Sarah. She married Jarrett (Jarrott) Walker from Lunenburg County, Virginia sometime in the early 1800's and lived in Union County South Carolina with Jarrett. They had several children a William, Thomas, Henry, Martha, Sarah, Juliet a few others I can't remember now. Martha married a William Weston. Sarah married Daniel Weston and they moved to Barbour County, Alabama. Sarah (Dance) Walker is listed on the 1850's census as living with Daniel and Sarah Weston and being born in Virginia.

I would like to find Sarah Dance's siblings, parents, anyone. Are there any Dance families living in South Carolina at the turn of the 1800's or close by OR in Lunenburg County, Virginia? Are there any Dance family trees that have a Sarah or Sallie Dance listed that they don't know what happened to her? Any help is appreciated. Feel free to write me at kfstewart103@gmail.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
kfstewart103 21 Feb 2014 6:06PM GMT 
edwirvin 22 Feb 2014 2:13PM GMT 
kfstewart103 22 Feb 2014 3:36PM GMT 
edwirvin 25 Feb 2014 2:15PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic