Search for content in message boards

Wright and Griffin families from Mecklenburg to Granville Co. NC

Replies: 6

Re: Wright and Griffin families from Mecklenburg to Granville Co. NC

Posted: 27 Sep 2012 5:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Calvin,
Thank you for the good info. I have a copy of Otis Ashmore's tree which I will be glad to e-mail to you. Regarding William's daughter Mary, the will of William Wright in 1827 in Lincoln County, GA referred to her as "Mary Barnett, formerly Mary Stovall". She was deceased at the time the will was written. It does not mention which Stovall to whom she had been married. There is another reference in the will to William's daughter "Lucy Stovall, wife of Drury Stovall". I have not been able to find the certificate of service from 1782 that Otis Ashmore referred to. I have read that some of the Mecklenberg County, VA militia records from the Revolutionary War have been destroyed, so any complete record of Capt. Elijah Grave's regiment may not be available. Otis Ashmore seemed to indicate that William had a brother Nathan Wright who also moved to Wilkes County, GA. There is good documention on Nathan via his Revolutionary War pension application. Thanks again for your help.

Bill
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
calvindorris1... 21 Jun 2012 1:22AM GMT 
Bill_Dahnke 26 Jul 2012 11:55PM GMT 
calvindorris1... 27 Jul 2012 12:23AM GMT 
Bill_Dahnke 21 Sep 2012 2:45PM GMT 
calvindorris1... 21 Sep 2012 11:41PM GMT 
Bill_Dahnke 27 Sep 2012 11:05PM GMT 
calvindorris1... 27 Sep 2012 11:32PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions