Search for content in message boards

Dofflemyer or Dofflemoyer

Replies: 3

Re: Dofflemyer or Dofflemoyer

Posted: 7 Feb 2013 6:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Mar 2013 8:12PM GMT
Surnames: Doffemyer, Large, smith, Dolfemyer
I am looking for family of John P. Doffemyer, he was married to Mollie (no maiden name)my great great grandmother. I have seen the name Dofflemyer/Doffmeyer/Dolfemyer spelled a few different ways, even in the documentation I have. The Mollie Smith is Mollie's second marriage, her first marriage was to John P Doffemyer, my great grandmother's father.
I have this information from the front of a family bible that my aunt has; The bible is tattered by one page says Presented to Mrs. Mollie Smith by J.G. Smith. Inside the is a marriage certificate. I just noticed it. It states that this certifies that Jefse G. Smith and Mollie Doffemyer were united by me a Wichita, Kansas on the 27th of February, 1898. I can’t read the witnesses signatures. (The “J” at the beginning of “ Jefse” looks more like “k” but latter I see Jefse Garett Smith Borned January 1, 1850. Mollie A Smith Borned August 2, 1860, There is a Bertha Smith borned Sept. 7, 1878, Maybell Jefsie Smith Born April (?) 27, 1875. Alta J. (Doffemyer) Smith August 24, 1881. Augusta Clay Large, born Jan. 15, 1898, Glades Ola Large, February 27, 1902, Archie Orbria Large may 12, 1904.
I also have a picture of a very good hand drawn picture of John P Doffemyer, where my great grandmother used a different spelling and replaced the o with a e.
Looking for any information that anyone has on this family. Thank you. I can be contacted at kwellard@telus.net
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Stuartlucas 10 Mar 2007 1:32PM GMT 
caseyop5 12 May 2007 2:24AM GMT 
jkw0714 25 Oct 2007 7:15PM GMT 
kwellard55 8 Feb 2013 1:04AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions