Search for content in message boards

Jacob Hedrick, Sr. (1735-1822) Estate Lookup

Replies: 3

Jacob Hedrick, Sr. (1735-1822) Estate Lookup

Posted: 4 Sep 2013 2:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hedrick, Reiter, Mease, Meese
Is there anyone on this board that can do an estate lookup or provide me with the proper contact for requesting such help? I have had a hard time researching in Virginia due to many outdated links and addresses.

I have been researching my family history for many, many years, and just today saw a cemetery transcription on Find-A-Grave that listed the father of a man who might be my 3g grandfather's brother. I have no proof and hope that the estate of this man will help.

Jacob Hedrick, Jr. married Molly Reiter and then Catherine Mease and lived his entire life in Pittsylvania County. I have assumed that my ggg grandfather John Hedrick was Jacob Jr.'s brother only because some of Jacob's children moved to Indiana with John and that John lived in Pittsylvania at one time too, however, he resided in Giles before moving west. This is why I think he may be related because why would Jacob's children from Pittsylvania County travel west with a man who lived in Giles County if they were not related somehow?

The cemetery listing mentioned above states that Jacob Jr. was the son of Jacob Sr. (obviously) and that Jacob Sr. died in 1822; no date. After going to the Pittsylvania County GenWeb site, I see that he is indexed in "Book 7, 1821-1824" but have no idea what this book is or where it is located, or what page(s) he can be found. This index was found here:

http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~vapittsy/probate.htm

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

Amy Hedrick
GlynnGen.com Webmaster
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Amy Hedrick 4 Sep 2013 8:23AM GMT 
CindyHeaden 4 Sep 2013 3:56PM GMT 
hanksgammon 12 Aug 2014 12:13AM GMT 
Amy Hedrick 12 Aug 2014 7:25AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic