Search for content in message boards

Midkiff Family Groups in Pittsylvania County, Virginia

Replies: 1

Midkiff Family Groups in Pittsylvania County, Virginia

Posted: 11 Feb 2014 7:57AM GMT
Classification: Query
My maternal great-grandmother was a Midkiff. I have three Midkiff family groups in my genealogy records. In correspondence and conversations with various Midkiff family members I have been informed that the two groups are all descendants of one Midkiff and over the years have intermarried. Thus far I have not devoted the time nor have I really made a sincere effort or attempt to make a connection between the three. One family group begins with Isaac Midkiff, no wife's name, two daughters named Betsy and Nancy. another family group begins with Thomas Midkiff, born in 1720 in Halifax Co., VA . Thomas' wife's name was Lavania, born in 1718 in Pittsylvania Co., VA. My great-grandmother is from a family group beginning with William Midkiff, born in 1790 in Pittsylvania Co., VA and died before 18 July 1836 in Pittsylvania Co., VA. William married Susannah "Susan" Midkiff on 01 July 1809 in Pittsylvania Co. VA. Susannah was born about 1790 in Pittsylvania Co., VA and died after 1850 in Pittsylvania Co., VA. Her parents were John Midkiff and Mary Parsons.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
gr_ric 11 Feb 2014 2:57PM GMT 
jagcath28 23 Oct 2014 6:53PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic