Search for content in message boards

Re: Seeking information on Hyram, Hyrum, Hiram Collins

Replies: 0

Re: Seeking information on Hyram, Hyrum, Hiram Collins

Posted: 14 Feb 2014 8:50AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Mike,

Thank you for your reply. I have considered the possibility of one of the field stones being a marker for Hiram. As a child I was told the stones away from the family markers were those of darkies.
I was born on the old farm in the small frame house between my grandfather and g-grandfather's. I spent many years there as child and remember almost everything from that period. My g-grandparents and great aunts were alive during that period and answered many of my childhood questions. I know where all the houses, the stables, barns, outlying buildings and springs were. I remember the three large walnut trees that stood in my g-grandfathers backyard.

I have access to some family records and to numerous bits and pieces of miscellaneous information, but nothing on Hiram's lineage, his father, his mother, his brothers and sisters or his actual birth date. I was hoping a query would bring some sense of direction or a reply from a distant unknown relative. Hiram is my Collins "Brick-wall".

Again, thank you for your reply.

Gene R. Collins
US Naval Aviation Retired

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions