Search for content in message boards

1880 - Albert H. Cox

Replies: 3

Re: 1880 - Albert H. Cox

Posted: 15 Feb 2013 8:30AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cox, Paul, Davidson, Amos, Hooper
Shirley....I show that Albert H. (Henry) Cox was a son of Edward Cox and Rebecca Hooper, and a grandson of a Mathew/Matthew Cox (of Buckingham Co., VA). Do you agree with that? I see where William Hooper(apparently a brother of Rebecca Hooper) was accused of murdering Edward Cox.

I show that Albert H. Cox and Elizabeth Amos had many children, with one of them being Edward Henry Cox. Edward Henry Cox married Margaret Crump, and they had Henry Thomas Cox, Joseph Edward Cox and James Robert Cox. The 1930 Manchester City (now Richmond/Chesterfield Co., VA) census showed the widow (apparently) Margaret/Margarette (Crump) Cox as the head of her household, and living with her were her sons Joseph and James. Shown living next to them was Margaret's third son Henry Thomas Cox, and Henry's wife Sadie (Sadie Sydnor, per some information that I found on the internet). Henry and Sadie's children at that time in the home were Richard, Edward and Raymond Cox (age 7). It appears that Henry and Sadie also had a daughter who was named Evelyn Cox (though she was not in the referenced home in 1930). I believe that the son named Raymond Cox was the man who ran the Esso service station at the corner of Westover Hills Blvd and Forest Hill Avenue (I was reared in that area).

Albert H. Cox and Elizabeth Amos apparently had additional sons (in addition to the above Edward) who were named Henry, James, John and Albert. Do you have any information on them? One reason that I ask is that there was a William T. Cox (age 35) who was on the 1880 census in the Henrico/Richmond, VA area, and he was married to a Sadie. Two of their daughters were Estella/Stella Cox and Birdie (shown as "Birtie" in 1880) Windall Cox. Stella married a George Paul, and in 1900, that George Paul and his family was also living in Manchester City....and Stella's sister Birdie Windall Cox was living with them.

Birdie married James Augustus Davidson, Senior around 1904/1905, and he became the Mayor of Farmville, VA (Prince Edward Co., VA) for one term around 1920 or so (and he also owned a store in that area). I am good friends with a granddaughter of James Augustus Davidson, Senior and Birdie Windall Cox, via their daughter Frances Davidson (who married James L. Brown).

I wonder if the above William T. Cox was a grandson of Albert H. Cox and Elizabeth Amos (via one of those several OTHER sons)....versus if there was/is no "blood relationship" here? Any/all information on the possible ancestry of the above William T. Cox would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Bill
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
glennishastin... 29 Mar 2010 6:30AM GMT 
tunnelm1 15 Feb 2013 3:30PM GMT 
fscangie 4 May 2013 11:21PM GMT 
tunnelm1 4 May 2013 11:31PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic