Search for content in message boards

Warren/George Adams family and James Mickel family

Replies: 2

Re: Warren/George Adams family and James Mickel family

Posted: 17 Jul 2012 7:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thanks. I had seen both names Jane Elam and America Seay and wondered what/why, etc. I did not know of the connection. One of Cordelia's daughters was named America, so I think Miss Seay must have been her mother. And I have recorded Cordelia's middle name as Seay, as well.

James was 90 when he wrote his will?!? Wow! Are you saying that James died shortly before 20 June 1864 and that was the date of his probate? I will try to find the will online. At least now I know the county to search.

You've helped me a great deal. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate it. Do you have any data on George Washington Adams and his family? His son Sydney is a real mystery to us. He adopted my grandfather after his marriage to Mary Wilson Addison. However, family lore is that Sydney was grandfather's natural father. I question this. I think my grandfather was the product of an union of Mary Addison's husband and a young girl listed in the 1900 census living with them. The girl had a child, James Kelly Mulkey and my grandfather's name was James kelly Adams. They are shown with the same birthdate. I therefore think it unlikely Sydney was James Kelly's natural father.
If you know anything about this you will have my undying gratitude. WHO James Kelly was has yet to be answered.
Susan
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
tigersue01 17 Jul 2012 7:51PM GMT 
SandraDue 18 Jul 2012 1:02AM GMT 
tigersue01 18 Jul 2012 1:36AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions