Search for content in message boards

Douglas Church Cemetery

Replies: 33

Re: Douglas Church

Nancy Roberts Huffman (View posts)
Posted: 22 Aug 2001 5:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thank you so much for replying. It sounds like you were a neighbor to my great grandfather, John Thomas Franklin. His wife was Sallie Morton, daughter of Wesley and Sarah Morton. You are the first person who has any recollection of the farm that I have reached. I know there are family members but they are all scattered. I went to the church a long time ago with my daddy, Jim Henry Roberts. He has been gone since 1986.I would appreciate it if you have any memories of the area or the children of the Franklins that you would let me know, I know it has been a long time but the stories are what I love the most and I have kept record of most of my fathers. He told me that John Franklin loved horses and that he was in the Civil War and was at Appotomax at the surrender. I have a picture of him but know nothing of his personality. I know you were a small child but any memory would be wonderful.
His son was George I and unfortunately did not do much with his life. I know my father spoke of the St John family, the Mortons, the Harveys, and others. Could you tell me what Indians lived in the area. There may be some mixed blood there also but I don't know of the tribes. If this is too much and you just don't remember that is quite alright-I appreciate you writing to me anyway. Sincerely Nancy Roberts Huffman
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
JuliRoberts62 13 May 2001 12:00PM GMT 
reginald_vass... 14 May 2001 12:00PM GMT 
JuliRoberts62 14 May 2001 12:00PM GMT 
Nancy Huffman 21 Aug 2001 12:37AM GMT 
reginald_vass... 22 Aug 2001 12:08AM GMT 
Nancy Roberts Huffman 22 Aug 2001 11:41PM GMT 
Juli Roberts 23 Aug 2001 1:56AM GMT 
Kathy McGee 10 Jan 2002 6:52PM GMT 
JuliLeitnickR... 11 Jan 2002 2:10AM GMT 
JuliLeitnickR... 11 Jan 2002 2:10AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions