Search for content in message boards

Reverend Andrew Baker Davidson

Replies: 8

Reverend Andrew Baker Davidson

Bill Davidson (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jan 2004 11:10AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Davidson, Davison, Womack, Baker, Pitzer
Reverend Andrew Baker Davidson (who supposedly married a Susan B. Dorman) is said to be from Rockbridge County, VA and is said to be the son of a William Davidson and a Martha Baker. I had originally thought that a William Davidson of Prince Edward County and a Martha Baker of Prince Edward County had my 4th ggf Baker Davidson, who married Elizabeth "Betsey" Womack in Prince Edward County. This Baker Davidson (whoever his parents actually were) and this Elizabeth "Betsey" Womack Davidson had 5 children (per her Prince Edward County will): Mary "Polly," Lavinia, William, "Jr.," Archer and Baker, "Jr."

I have seen an Internet site that claims that the William Davidson who was the father of Reverend Andrew Baker Davidson was from Rockbridge County, not Prince Edward County, but most still claim that the mother was Martha Baker from Prince Edward County, VA (whose parents were Douglas(s) Baker and Jane Thompson Baker). If "my" Baker Davidson was not a son of Martha Baker Davidson of Prince Edward County, then I am at a loss as to who his mother was.

To complicate things further, "my" Baker Davidson and his father William (apparently) were in Botetourt County, VA, per the 1794 tax rolls there. In 1820, another relative of theirs also appears in Botetourt County (Elizabeth A. "Betsyan/Betsy Ann" Blanton Davidson). Two of Reverend Davidson's supposed sisters, Charlotte and Ginny "Jane," are said to have been married in Botetourt, so that is another "wierd" connection between these two possibly unrelated families. The Reverend's supposed sister Charlotte Davidson is said to have married a John Pitzer in 1994, and a Capt. John Pitzer, Jr. appears on the original tax roll for the newly formed Alleghany County, VA in 1822, along with a Capt. Baker Davidson! This John Pitzer, Jr. had been the sheriff of Botetourt County at the time.

Does anyone have any information on the parents of Rev. Andrew Baker Davidson? What about his siblings (a Baker family site lists him as the only child of William Davidson and Martha Baker Davidson, but other sites, as stated above, show him with several siblings). Any/all help to unravel this confusion between Baker Davidsons would be greatly appreciated.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Bill Davidson 6 Jan 2004 6:10PM GMT 
Bill Davidson 6 Jan 2004 6:25PM GMT 
ogro691 21 Jul 2007 1:35AM GMT 
tunnelm1 5 Aug 2007 5:07PM GMT 
tunnelm1 18 Apr 2010 4:27PM GMT 
KWalz34 30 Mar 2012 11:19PM GMT 
tunnelm1 19 Sep 2012 7:34PM GMT 
wgalkow 13 Nov 2012 3:33AM GMT 
tunnelm1 17 Nov 2012 8:01PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions