Search for content in message boards

Duke Family

Replies: 3

Duke Family

Robert Duke (View posts)
Posted: 24 May 2000 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Duke
I'm searching for information on Duke family members who settled in Prince George County, Virginia, before the Revolutionary War. My great-great-great-grandfather Jeremiah Duke was the son of Robert Duke. I'm trying to determine the name of Jeremiah's wife. I believe it was Elizabeth. I think Robert may have been the son of John Duke, a descendent of Captain Henry Duke of Wales, England. Henry was one of the early settlers in Prince George County. I traced Jeremiah Duke to the old Fairfield District of South Carolina. He was the father of Lewis Duke, my great-great-grandfather. Lewis had four sons: Enoch Duke, Darling Duke, Meredith Duke and Lewis Duggan Sydney Duke, my great-grandfather. Enoch is buried in Taylor County, Georgia, Darling in Marion County, Georgia, Meredith in Marion County, Alabama, and Lewis D.S. Duke in Butler County, Alabama. If any of you researchers have information on Jeremiah Duke and Elizabeth Duke, please share it with me. Thanks. Robert M. Duke, Frederick, Maryland
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Robert Duke 24 May 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Lynn_Teague 8 Nov 2003 10:04PM GMT 
rduke981 13 Apr 2011 2:31AM GMT 
joshgamer15 17 Jul 2011 7:16PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions