Search for content in message boards

Thomas H. Brown Family d. 9/5/1790

Replies: 8

Re: Thomas H. Brown Family d. 9/5/1790

Posted: 14 Feb 2012 5:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Brown, Featherstone, Baker, Atkins
I would appreciate it if you would tell me what specific records you found that shows an association between Wilson Brown and Isham Brown (born 1749). I am aware that a daughter of a Wilson Brown of Buckingham Co., VA named Kiziah "Kizzy/Kezzy" Brown married a Mr. Baker. If I recall correctly, a child of that Baker/Brown couple then married a child of a Littleberry G. Brown. Littleberry G. Brown APPEARS (per one record) to have been a son of a James Brown, and that James Brown APPEARS to have been a son of a John C. Brown. If that was the John C. Brown who married a Miss Atkins in 1756 in Prince Edward Co., VA, then that John C. Brown was a son of the William and Elizabeth (Unknown) Brown who bought land in Amelia/Prince Edward Co., VA in 1740. There was also another John Colville (spelling?) Brown, however, who came out of Lunenburg Co., VA. I don't know if he was old enough to have fathered the referenced James Brown, but pending further research, the above-referenced John C. Brown could have been him instead.

Note: Some records on the internet have confused/intermixed these two John C. Browns.

It is interesting to note that Martha Still had a brother who was named Jeremiah Still. Martha also had an uncle (I think it was) on her mother's side of the family who was named Burwell Featherstone. There were brothers who were named Burwell Brown and Jeremiah Brown who were in the Prince George/Brunswick Co., VA area in the 1700s. Also, the above-mentioned Brown family in Lunenburg Co., VA (that included a man who was named Valentine Brown and a man who was named Manoah/Noah Brown) also had a man a family member who was named Burwell Brown (and one has to be careful for keep the two referenced men who were each named Burwell Brown properly "segregated"). Some researchers have suspected for some time that the brothers Burwell Brown and Jeremiah Brown MIGHT be related to the referenced Brown family in Lunenburg Co., VA that also had a man named Burwell Brown (that family in Lunenburg was headed by a John Brown who left his Will in Lunenburg Co., VA in the 1750s, if I recall correctly). Comments?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
David Owings 25 Feb 2005 10:14PM GMT 
Dave Brown 29 Jan 2006 12:59AM GMT 
Dave Brown 29 Jan 2006 3:09AM GMT 
gfinch153 11 May 2006 11:09PM GMT 
Dave Brown 12 May 2006 1:31AM GMT 
tunnelm1 14 Feb 2012 12:58PM GMT 
kelsprimitive... 1 Jan 2014 10:30PM GMT 
rickdiana2000... 26 Feb 2007 1:20AM GMT 
tunnelm1 14 Feb 2012 2:46AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions