Search for content in message boards

Will of Samuel Keys, 1820, Prince William Co, VA

Replies: 1

Will of Samuel Keys, 1820, Prince William Co, VA

Posted: 29 Dec 2006 9:46PM GMT
Classification: Will
Surnames: Dawe, Gilbert, Hayes, Keys
In the name of God Amen. I Samuel Keys of Prince William County and state of Virginia, being of Sound mind and memory do make this my last will and testament. Viz. I give and bequeath unto my loving wife Elizabeth Keys one third of my estate, namely three head of horses, three head of cattle, three feather beads and furniture, one old desk, one old pine table, five common chairs, one knife box, half dozen knives and forks, half dozen common table spoons, one chest, three bead steads, one washing tub, three pigingss, and one pail, two puter basons, one pewter dish, 1 iron candle stick, one spining wheel, one loom, two iron pots, one spider, one dutch oven, also one cary pot, two dutch ploughs, and year and one third of the crop of corn fodder now in my possession, the hogs now in the pen and corn. I leave for the support of all my children, and after all my just debts are paid I give and bequeath unto my two last children by marriage (namely Wallace Keys and Leticia Keys all the residue of my estate and be equally divided among them). Given under my hand and seal this 30th day of October 1820.

Samuel Keys (His Mark)

Signed Sealed and Delivered in presence of
Colin Hayes
Jos. R. Gilbert
Wm. Dawe

At a Court continued and helf for Prince Wm. County Decmeber ? 1820. This last will and testament of Saml. Keys decd was presented to the Court and being produced by the oaths of Colin Hayes and Joseph R. Gilbert is ordered to be recorded--

Test. Phil. D. Dawe, Cr. Clk.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
CindyMcC 30 Dec 2006 4:46AM GMT 
CindyMcC 20 Jul 2013 11:15AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions