Search for content in message boards

BOTTS

Replies: 5

Re: BOTTS

Posted: 17 Aug 2012 3:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Botts, Jackson, Farro, Reno
I believe that she was the daughter of Enoch Reno and Sibyl Farrow and the granddaughter of Isaac Farrow. In the will of Isaac Farrow dated 2 Dec 1803 it states:

ITEM I give unto my granddaughter Susannah Botts one negro boy named Lewis that she hath now in her possession.

So, Susannah was clearly a granddaughter of Isaac.

The will of Samuel Jackson dated 28 Feb 1815 states:

"...if any money should be left of it after paying my Debts the residue is to be applyed to the payment of my four Daughters fifty pounds each to wit Sarah Strother, Susanna Langfit, Jane Jackson and Betsey Jackson."

I believe that the daughter of Samuel Jackson and Mary Farrow married Philip Langfit. This Susannah was also a grandaughter of Isaac Farrow, so it gets very confusing.

In 1805 the estate of Isaac Farrow lists:

Dec 31 Voucher 12. To Do paid Barnard Botts receiver for George Renno in part. 50 pounds.

Aug 20 Voucher 13. To Do paid Barnard Botts part of his wifes Devs. 50 pounds, 15 Shillings.

So, that is what I have. Barnard Botts was definitely married to a granddaughter of Isaac Farrow. I guess you could probably make a case for her being the daughter of either person although I lean more towards Enoch and Sibyl.

I am interested in what you have on Barnard Botts. Please e-mail me directly at mccachern@sbcglobal.net.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Joyce McLean 15 May 1998 12:00PM GMT 
CindyMcC 30 Dec 2006 8:50PM GMT 
davidbotts96 3 Apr 2007 5:56AM GMT 
CindyMcC 5 Apr 2007 8:35AM GMT 
brendacliff 17 Aug 2012 5:10AM GMT 
CindyMcC 17 Aug 2012 9:40AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions