Search for content in message boards

Gibbs/Brinson/Cason

Replies: 0

Gibbs/Brinson/Cason

Posted: 10 Feb 2013 11:54AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gibbs, Brinson, Cason
>>>>I am looking for more information on the Gibbs from Hyde county as well and further back to the Gibbs family in Europe and also Brinson/Cason names in England (before the 1700s). Starting with my grandfather :

*Melvin Grey Gibbs (1935-2010)NC - (Married Mary Chambers)

->Floyd Earl Gibbs (1906-1981)NC - (Married Reggie Louise Bowden)

-Warren Walter Gibbs (1871-1940)Lake Landing NC -

-Milton Selby Gibbs (1834-1904)NC - (Married Mary Dorcas Spencer?)

-Carney Gibbs (1795-1872)Hyde NC -(Married Polly Affa Spencer?)

>>>*After this is where I become unsure. Listed as the father of Carney Gibbs I have :

***Cason Gibbs Jr. (1773-Unknown)Hyde NC - (Married to Unknown)

***Cason Gibbs Sr. (1749-1826?)Hyde NC - (Married to Dinah Bartee?*Had multiple wives possibly 3? Dinah was the first wife I believe so I have seen it listed that Cason Jr was her son)

***Joseph Gibbs Sr (1720?-1794)Hyde NC - (Married to Mary Brinson *link to Brinson and Cason names in England? Need more information on Mary Brinson (daug of Cason Grey Brinson and Frances Marsh?) Any record that she married Joseph or anymore info would be great. This seems to be my link to the Brinson/Cason family in England which I have possibly followed back to John Cason *Hertfordshire 1560 and Richard Cason *Hertforshire 1490**See Bottom of post**)

***Henry Gibbs (1693-1763?)Hyde NC? - (Married to Ann/Jane Spencer?Speculation only have not found much information)

***Henry John Gibbs (1675-?) England (Died in Virginia?) - (Married to Mary? Last name unknown)

***Thomas Gibbs? (Unknown) England? - (All unknown* All speculation as well, this was the only name I ran across in England that was linked to Henry Gibbs)
*****End of Gibbs*****
------------------------------------------------------------

<*> Maybe this could help someone or you have came across these names before. I have been searching on the UK's ancestry site with not much luck since I don't really know what area to search. The closest I have is Henry John Gibbs wife Mary? may have died in Somerset England but I have no source to prove it. <*>

*-Mary Brinson 1728-Unknown-Alamance County?
->Marys Father: *>Cason Grey Brinson 1693-1765-New Bern NC
->Casons Father: >Matthew Brinson 1641-1703-Essex England Died in Prince William Va?
-Casons Mother: >*Mary Cason 1673-1699?-Prince William Va?
-Matthew Brinsons Father: ~~Thomas Brinson Sr?-1610-1676-Essex England Princess Anne Va.
-Mary Casons Father: James Cason-1662-1722-Unknown
-James Casons Father: Thomas Cason-1636-1655-? England possibly Hertsfordshire?
-Thomas Casons Father: Thomas Cason Sr-1604-1651-Hertfordshire England-Princess Anne Va
-Thomas Cason Srs Father: John Cason-1584-1614-Hertfordshire England-Possibly Princess Anne/Prince William Va.
-John Casons Father:John Cason-1560-1623-Hertfordshire England *Married Joane Swynsed?*
-John Casons Father:Edward Cason-1538?-1580-Hertfordshire England
-Thomas Cason-1513-1580-Cambridge?
-Robert Cason-1490-1550-Ware, Hertfordshire, England
*****End of Cason******

~~Thomas Brinson Sr?-1610-1676-Essex England Princess Anne Va.(Married Joane Hamlin?)
-Thomas Brinson Srs Father: Robert B. Brinson-1588-1613-Essex England-Prince William Va?
*****End of Brinson*****

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions