Search for content in message boards

Obituary Lookups Needed for Gibson Family Mystery

Replies: 7

Obituary Lookups Needed for Gibson Family Mystery

Posted: 21 Apr 2002 1:31PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Edited: 2 Jun 2002 4:51PM GMT
Surnames: Gibson, Counts, Couch
Our Gibson family reunion is nearing and I still have a family "mystery" to solve . Is there anyone on this list who would be willing to look at newspaper microfilm for me?

My gg-grandmother, Perlina Catherine (Counts/Couch) Gibson died near Spokane, Washington on Jan 27, 1908. Her body was shipped back to Belsprings and was buried next to her husband, Meredith Thomas Gibson in the Brown Cemetery in Pulaski County. (This information from her Washington State Death Certificate). Perlina's husband, Meredith Thomas moved back to Pulaski County in 1906 and died at their son's home (James Wesley Gibson) in Belspring on March 7, 1907. (This information was found on his Union Civil War pension paperwork--another surprise from this family :). Perlina died alone in insane assylum in Washington State because she had dementia. The "mystery" is why this family moved from Pulaski County to Spokane County Washington in the 1890's. I'm hoping her obituary or his (if they exist) might clear this up.

I used to think I was from a really boring family from S.W. Virginia who had been there FOREVER, and lo and behold, I have discovered that this family started off in Greene County, VA, moved to Monroe County (now in WV), moved back to Greene County, down to Pulaski County and then late in life moved to Washington State and then back home. Who says genealogy is boring?

Thanks for taking the time to read this lengthy post. Please contact me if more information is needed.

Grace Stark
Kansas
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
donniestark 21 Apr 2002 7:31PM GMT 
mfearn75 20 Jun 2002 10:29PM GMT 
lilswty4ever 7 Sep 2002 2:17PM GMT 
grace_stark 7 Sep 2002 6:53PM GMT 
Deborah Johnson 8 Sep 2002 12:47AM GMT 
grace_stark 8 Sep 2002 1:10AM GMT 
Deborah Johnson 8 Sep 2002 2:16PM GMT 
NancyBarr690 4 Mar 2013 11:59PM GMT 
per page