Search for content in message boards

Zachariah Wells

Replies: 0

Zachariah Wells

Claude E. Wells (View posts)
Posted: 30 Nov 1998 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wells
I and many other descendants of Zachariah Wells are on a quest for records or information of Zachariah Wells. He and his family moved into the Powell's Valley region abt. 1790. They settled in the area that eventually became Wise County. We have searched for any info on this family in the records of Wise County. It is a thought of mine that maybe some of the info we are searching for may be still in the records of the original county of Russell County. Has anyone in their research of the history of this county prior to teh divsion to the later counties come across any records referencing Zachariah Wells. He was married to either a Abigail or Elizabeth Osborne rpior to his settling in the region he had sons named Zachariah, Jeremiah, William and Robert, that I can remember presently. He also had daughters named Jemima and Abigail. Any assistance would be appreciated as we are all trying to clarify the location of his burial site and his heritage any clue would be helpful.

I have family reports posted at my users page on the Family Tree Maker web site, at the link posted below. The Wells report notes the info that is in question in the notes sections for Zachariah Wells. Again hope to hear from some one who may have clues to resolve the mysteries surrounding this man.

Claude E. Wells

Find a board about a specific topic