Search for content in message boards

Isaac Smith's Family (~1757 to 1802)

Replies: 5

Isaac Smith's Family (~1757 to 1802)

Posted: 27 May 2010 2:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Smith, Sproles, Childers
I am trying to track down any information about Isaac Smith and his family. The information I have:

He was born in Ireland around 1757 (I have also seen reference to him being born in VA).

He has a son named John Smith (referred to as "Elder" or "Rev." John Smith). John was born in Russell County in 1801 or 1802 - the most specific claim I have seen is Jan 1802.

Isaac supposedly dies around 1802 in Russel County.

The identity of Isaac's wife (John's mother) is a point of contention. John's marriage record (transcribed on the Jackson County, WV pioneers web page) cites his parents names as Isaac and Elizabeth. One name attributed to Isaac's wife is Elizabeth Sproles. Because I have seen at lest one record with the name Elizabeth on it, this is the name I have been working with for the time being.

A different name associated with Isaac is Francis "Frankie" Childers. There are several birth dates attached to Frankie, the one that would work is ~1768. There is one story that Frankie moved with her children to Kentucky after Isaac dies in 1802, leaving at least one behind. Her father is sometimes cited as Abraham Childers - but I don't think there is complete agreement on this.

I have not personally observed any actual documentation for Isaac's marriage, birth, or death. John's birth, or actual proof of Isaac's wife's name.

If anyone has any information on this family I would be grateful.

Thanks!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Paleot 27 May 2010 8:05PM GMT 
Paleot 22 Jul 2010 8:08PM GMT 
rasmith1181 6 Nov 2012 11:06PM GMT 
Paleot 7 Nov 2012 4:12PM GMT 
rasmith1181 8 Nov 2012 1:45AM GMT 
Paleot 8 Nov 2012 4:14PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic