Search for content in message boards

Colberts/Calvert/Covert/Colvert of VA

Replies: 0

Colberts/Calvert/Covert/Colvert of VA

Posted: 13 Feb 2013 9:16AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Feb 2014 1:17PM GMT
Surnames: Colbert/Calbert/Peer
I am researching Robert J. Colbert/Calbert (about 1824-1884) and (Mary) Catherine (Peer) Colbert (about 1827-1904) who moved to Johnstown, Pa about 1860. I show a marriage record in Shenandoah Co Va. for Robert Colbert and Catherine Peer November 19, 1846. I have hit a brick wall prior to that date. I cannot find any existence of Robert prior to that time in Virginia, nothing about parents or siblings. Can anyone tell me if any Colberts/Calberts lived in Shenandoah County around that time? The next mention of Robert J. Colbert is in the 1860 census for Johnstown, Pa. Does anyone have any information on him prior to 1846 or between 1846 and 1860?
Also, Catherine’s father was listed as Philip Peer, but there were two Philip Peers in Shenandoah Co. at that time. One was the son of John Peer and the other was the son of Mathias Peer. I have noticed a number of family trees as having one Philip or the other as Catherine’s father. Does anyone have definitive proof of which Philip was her father?

Find a board about a specific topic