Search for content in message boards

SCOTT Family of Franklin/Courtland in Southampton County

Replies: 0

SCOTT Family of Franklin/Courtland in Southampton County

Posted: 6 Jun 2013 3:34AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Jun 2013 3:38AM GMT

Hello everyone!

I am looking for information on the SCOTT family. I have been able to go as far back as my GGG grandfather William Thomas (WT) Scott who married Nancy Blythe. Together they had my GG grandfather Walter Scott along with his siblings (Charles, Indianna (Anna), Hunter (died at the age of 2), Andrew, William Jr., Sarah, and Calvin).

Walter who is Caucasian in turn had children with an African American lady named Josephine. I am looking for information regarding Walter & Josephine (my great great grandparents). I believe her maiden name was Mason. Apparently she and Walter were married and she became Josephine Scott. Together it looks as if they had around 14 children (Herbert, Fenton, Mckinley, Ella, Rosa, Ruth, Ophelia, Edward (Eady), Mary (Laurie), Willie Mae (Faye), Carrie (may be known as Ann), Jake, Katherine (may be known as Beatrice), and Whelan). All of these 14 children are now deceased. The information regarding Josephine is few and far between and I would really like to know more about her (Josephine). Does anyone know of a cemetery in Franklin/Courtland where African Americans were buried? I was able to find Walter's grave - he's at Poplar but she is not buried with him.

Walter's parents were W.T. and Nancy Scott (Blythe). I would also like to find out who W.T.'s parents were. I found a death record for WT Scott that lists his parents as Jonathan and Billie SCOTT. That's all I have been able to find so far. I was told that W.T. was of Irish decent. I would like to find out who was the person that actually got on the boat from Ireland to come to the United States.

Lastly, I have received information that I may be related to a Hunter Scott who was a well known architect. I haven't been able to find information regarding him as well.

If anyone has any information it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Donita

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions