Search for content in message boards

SPRATLEY

Replies: 31

Re: SPRATLEY

Posted: 14 Jan 2013 10:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Albert Gallatin Spratley is my GG Grandfather. His daughter, Anna Marie (born 1846, and sister of Henry Wheadon Spratley) married O'Wighton Gilbert (O. G.) Delk. They resided in Smithfield, Va on the Spratley farm known as Pierceville or Goose Hill. OG and Anna Marie are my G Grandparents.

My Grandfather was Owington Gordon Delk, who married Lena Frances Tulloss. They had 5 children (Lena Frances, Owington Gordon, Jr, Rodham Tulloss, Annie Cary-my Mother, and Frank Simpson).

OG and Anna Marie had two daughters, Annie Cary & Emily Wheadon.

We are cousins, but the number is beyond me. I know that my mother and GAunt Emily's children were double first!

I grew up in Smithfield and now wish that I had listened when Aunt Emily and grandmother talked about the family history (Delk, Spratley, Tulloss, Simpson, Cocke, etc).

There have been several books written about Smithfield and Isle Of Wight County by Sig Cofer Dashiel and Helen Haverty. You might contact the Isle of Wight Museum in Smithfield to see if they would be of help. Additionally, I have been researching census, land records, etc on Ancestry.com which have been very helpful.

If you would like more info, please contact me directly at johannepryor@gmail.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
johannepryor 15 Jan 2013 5:14AM GMT 
sameerspratle... 1 Feb 2013 7:32AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions