Search for content in message boards

Wrenn - Chappell marriage

Replies: 1

Re: Wrenn - Chappell marriage

Posted: 13 Jul 2014 9:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wren/Wrenn/Renn
Hello Virginia, did you ever get this sorted out? I have seen a Thomas married to a Mary Chappell somewhere but don't know where. I am working on sorting out this family and find that in 1787 Surry Co tax list there are 3 Wren's. Thomas, who could not be Thomas Sr or Jr. Sr. died in1775 and Jr. was living in Sussex Co. So any idea who he is? Then there is a John, whom I presume is son of Thomas Sr. this John died in 1830, Surry Co. Then a Richard with a boy named John aged 16-22. Not Richard of Sussex/Southampton Counties who died in 1804, Southampton. So I figure this Thomas and Richard are probably related somehow.
I found 2 deeds of interest in Brunswick Co:
Brunswick Co Deed. Nathaniel Perry of Granville Co. to Richard Renn of Brandom Parish Prince George Co. 28 Jan 1761. 50 pounds VA $. 140 ac on the n side of Roanoke River, joining on a branch of Cattail Creek. Wit: John Vincent, John Tomlinson, William Renn. Proved 23 Feb 1761. BCDB Vol. 3/Bradley: 50.
Brunswick Deed. 29 Aug 1761. John Melton of Brunswick Co to Henry Bailey of same. 7pounds10 shill6p for 100 ac on the s side of the Nottoway River, joining Collier. wit. Thomas Harris, Thomas Renn, John Davis. Rec. 22 Feb 1762. Bradley.BCDB, Vol 3, 1755-1764:64. So both of these men came to Brunswick about the same time and both from PG co. Also a Thomas Wren married Mary Wall daughter of Aaron Wall. Any thoughts you would care to share on this dilemma?..................looking forward to be hearing from you..........dorothy
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Virginia Green 22 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT 
dorothy7962 14 Jul 2014 3:06AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic