Search for content in message boards

United Daughters of the Confederacy

Replies: 2

Posted: 14 May 2010 10:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
The United Daughters of the Confederacy (UDC) is seeking ladies in the Sussex County area of Virginia to join our organization and honor their Confederate heritage.

The UDC has a long history in Virginia of working to preserve Southern history and monuments. Among the many wonderful projects these ladies perform: they mark Confederate Soldiers graves with Government Markers & Iron Crosses to signify their service in the War Between the States (WBTS), they sponsor and maintain numerous Confederate monuments throughout Virginia, and they support active duty and retired military personnel through donations, awards, and volunteer hours.

If you are descended from a Confederate soldier or sailor, or from someone who served in the Confederate government, and you are interested in becoming a member of the UDC, please contact me and I can put you in contact with the nearest chapter in your area. If you are not sure if you have a Confederate ancestor, but are interested in joining the UDC, please let me know and we can work with you to determine if you qualify for membership.

If you have a family member who was a member of the UDC or the Children of the Confederacy, we hope that you will carry on the tradition and consider joining the UDC.

Thank you for taking the time to read such a long posting. I look forward to hearing from List Members.

Sincerely,
Shawn Martin
Virginia Division Registrar
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
smarcmar 14 May 2010 4:53PM GMT 
rosalee3098 15 Jun 2010 12:35AM GMT 
conniemerchan... 28 Jul 2013 8:09PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions