Search for content in message boards

Maifeld Electric Co.

Replies: 0

Maifeld Electric Co.

Posted: 5 Jun 2011 6:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Jun 2011 7:04PM GMT
Surnames: Maifeld, Wilcox
I'm looking for a photo of the Maifeld electric building (not sure what it was really called)in Waverly, VA. The building was a large wooden structure and stood in the back corner of the now large parking lot next to McDonald's. The corner where McD's stands used to have a house on it & the adjacent parking lot was the location of the hotel and pool. I'm told the building was in the back corner closest to the railroad tracks. My grandmother, who remembers going to the building as a child, told me they also used to ground cornmeal there and the railcars would pull up next to the building.

My 2nd greatgrandfather, A.H. Maifeld Sr. bought the building from a Mr. Wilcox in or around the early 1900s. Noone in my family has a photo of it and I would love to find one for my grandma (she's 95).

UPDATE: My mom remembers the hotel and the pool but not the electric building which makes me think it was torn down sometime before 1950.

I do have a photo of the Maifeld & Doyle Co. which is a different building and used to stand on Main St. where the drugstore stands now.

Any help would be greatly apprectiated.

Brittany Pearson

Find a board about a specific topic